From Kansai Airport (Osaka) to Ritsumeikan University (conference venue) or
to Seta (hotel), JR
(Japan Railway) line is convenient.
Take the express train "Haruka" to Kyoto, and change the train there.
You can find the route information at: http://www.jorudan.co.jp/english/ .
Input names of the "From" and "To" stations of JR line as follows:
(1) In case of going to Ritsumeikan University (conference venue)
From : Kansai Airport
(2) In case of going to the hotel
From : Kansai Airport
to : Seta
@@(Select "Seta (Shiga)" from the list)
(1) Kyoto City
- 73 minutes from Kansai Airport by JR "Haruka" Kansai Airport Limited Express.
- 2 hours and 22 minutes from Tokyo Station by the JR "Nozomi" Shinkansen (Bullet Train).
(2) Ritsumeikan University from Kyoto Station
- From Kyoto JR Station, go to Track No. 2 (which is used by trains running on the Biwako-Sen (Line).
(Warning: Tracks 2 and 3 share the same platform. Be careful to not board a train from Track 3, as you will head in the wrong direction.)
- From Track 2, board a local train
(NOT express trains, which are called gKaisokuh or "Shin-kaisoku").
- Disembark at the 6th station "Minami-Kusatsu"
(The sequence of stations is: Kyoto, Yamashina, Otsu, Zeze, Ishiyama, Seta, Minami-Kusatsu.).
The ride itself should take approximately 20 minutes.
- At Minami-Kusatsu station, take the stairs/escalator/elevator up to the concourse.
- To take the bus:
- Turn right after exiting the wickets, and after walking about 30 meters, turn left and take the stairs/escalator down to the ground level.
- Board the Omi Tetsudo Bus marked "Ritsumeikan Daigaku Iki" or "Ritsumeikan Daigaku Keiyu Tobishima Green Hill Iki."
- Get off the bus at gRitsumeikan Daigaku.h The bus fare of 220 yen is paid as exiting.
- To take a taxi:
- Turn right after exiting the wickets, and after walking about 30 meters, turn right again and take the stairs/escalator down to the ground level.
- You will see a queue of taxis. Board the first one in line and tell the driver, "Ritsumeikan Daigaku."
- Once inside the gates of BKC, the easiest place to get off is the main bus terminal ("Basu Ta-mi-naru" or "Basu-tei"). The taxi ride will take about ten minutes and cost about 1,500 yen.
If you want to take a "taxi" to the conference venue of ASIA SIMULATION 2009 from JR Minamikusatsu station, show this paper to the taxi driver.
You can use the complimentary shuttle service to Ritsumeikan University form the hotel.